<$BlogRSDURL$>

23 September 2004
Touching Story
 

To Tiah, thanks for sending me this story, its really very touching! Sorry about the arrows though, it's actually copied straight from a forwarded mail...Hehe

> > > > Touching Story> > > > I cried for my brother 6 times> > > > I was born in a secluded village of a mountain.> > > > Days by days my parents plowed the yellow dry soil> > > > with their backs facing the sky.> > > >> > > > I have a younger brother, 3 years younger than me.> > > > Once, to buy a handkerchief which all girls around me> > > > seemed to have, I stole 50 cents from my father's drawer. Father> known> > > > about it right away.> > > >> > > > He made my younger brother and me kneeled against the> > > > wall, with a bamboo stick in his hand.> > > >> > > > "Who stole the money?" he asked.> > > >> > > > I was stunned, too afraid to talk. Father didn't hear> > > > any of us admit, so he said, "Fine, if nobody wants to> > > > admit, you two should be beaten!"> > > >> > > > He lifted up the bamboo stick.> > > >> > > > Suddenly, my younger brother gripped father's hand and> > > > said," Dad, I was the one who did it!"> > > >> > > > The long stick smacked on my brother's back repeatedly.> > > >> > > > Father was so angry that he kept on whipped my brother> > > > until he lost his breath.> > > >> > > > After that, he sat down on our stone bed and scolded> > > > my brother, "You have learnt to steal from your own> > > > house now, what other embarrassing things you> > > > will do in the future?? You should be beaten to death!> > > > You shameless thief!"> > > >> > > > That night, mother and I hugged my brother. His body> > > > full of injuries, but he didn't shed a single tear.> > > >> > > > In the middle of the night, all of sudden I cried out> > > > loudly.> > > >> > > > My brother covered my mouth with his little hand and> > > > said, " Sis, now don't cry anymore. Everything has> > > > happened."> > > >> > > > I still hate myself for didn't have enough courage to> > > > admit what I had done.> > > >> > > > Years gone by, but the incident still looked like it> > > > just happened yesterday.> > > >> > > > I will never forget my brother's expression when he> > > > protected me.> > > >> > > > That year, my brother was 8 years old; I was 11 years> > > > old.> > > >> > > > When my brother was in his last year of his lower> > > > secondary school, he was accepted in an upper> > > > secondary school in the central. At the same time, I> > > > was accepted into a province's university.> > > >> > > > That night, father squatted in the yard, smoking,> > > > packet by packet.> > > >> > > > I could hear him said, "Both our children have good> > > > results? very good results?"> > > >> > > > Mother wiped off her tears and sighed," What is the> > > > use? How can we possibly finance both of them?"> > > >> > > > At that time, my brother walked out, he stood in front> > > > of father and said,"Dad, I don't want to continue my> > > > study anymore, I have read enough books."> > > >> > > > Father swung his hand and slapped brother on his face.> > > >> > > > "Why do you have a spirit so damn weak? Even if it> > > > means I have to beg for money on the streets, I will> > > > send you two to school until you both finish your> > > > study!"> > > >> > > > And then, he started to knock on every house in the> > > > village to borrow money.> > > >> > > > I stuck out my hand as soft as I can to my brother's> > > > swollen face, and said, "A boy has to continue his> > > > study; If not, he will not be able to leave this> > > > depths of poverty."> > > >> > > > Me, on the other hand, had decided not to further my> > > > study to university.> > > >> > > > Who knows on the next day, before dawn, my brother> > > > left the house with a few pieces of worn-out clothes> > > > and a few dry beans. He sneaked to the side of my bed> > > > and left a note on my pillow;> > > > "Sis, get into an university is not easy. I will go> > > > find a job and send money to you."> > > >> > > > I held the note while sitting on my bed, and cried> > > > until I lost my voice.> > > >> > > > That year, my brother was 17 years old; I was 20 years> > > > old. With the money father borrowed from the whole> > > > village, and money my brother earned from carrying> > > > cement on his back at construction site,finally, I> > > > managed to get to the third year of my study in the> > > > university.> > > >> > > > One day, I was studying in my room, when my roommate> > > > came in and told me,"There's a villager wait for you> > > > outside!"> > > >> > > > Why is there a villager looking for me? I walked out,> > > > and saw my brother from afar, His whole body is dirty,> > > > covered by dust, cement and sands. I asked him, "Why> > > > don't you tell my roommate that you are my brother?"> > > >> > > > He replied with a smile," Look at my appearance. What> > > > will they think if they know that I am your brother?> > > > Don't they laugh at you?"> > > >> > > > I felt so touched, and tears filled my eyes. I swept> > > > away dusts from my brother's body. And said with a> > > > lump in my throat, " I don't care of what people say!> > > > You are my brother no matter what your appearance is?"> > > >> > > > >From his pocket, he took out a butterfly hair clip. He> > > > wore it on me, and said, "I saw all the girls in town> > > > are wearing it. So, I think you should also have one."> > > >> > > > I could not hold back myself anymore. I pulled my> > > > brother into my arms and cried and cried.> > > >> > > > That year, my brother was 20 years old; I was 23 years> > > > old.> > > >> > > > The first time I brought my boyfriend home, the broken> > > > window had been repaired.And it looked so clean inside> > > > the house.> > > >> > > > After, my boyfriend went home, I danced like a small> > > > girl in front of my mother, "Mom, you don't have to> > > > spend so many time cleaning the house!" But she said> > > > with a smile," It was your brother who went home early> > > > to clean the house. Didn't you see the wound on his> > > > hand? He was injured while replacing the window."> > > > I went into my brother's small bedroom. Looking at his> > > > thin face, I felt like there are hundreds of needle> > > > pricked in my heart.> > > >> > > > I put some ointment on his wound and bandaged it,> > > > "Does it hurt? " I asked him.> > > >> > > > "No, it doesn't hurt. You know, when I was working in> > > > the construction site, stones falling on my feet all> > > > the time. Even that could not stop me from working> > > > and?"> > > >> > > > In the middle of the sentence, he stopped. I turned my> > > > back on him and tears rolling down my face.> > > >> > > > That year, my brother was 23 years old; I was 26 years> > > > old.> > > >> > > > After I got married, I lived in the city. Lots of time> > > > my husband invited my parents to come and live with> > > > us, but they didn't want.> > > >> > > > They said, once they left the village,they didn't know> > > > what to do.> > > >> > > > My brother also didn't agree, he said, "Sis, you just> > > > taking care of your parents-in-law. I will take care> > > > of mom and dad here."> > > >> > > > My husband became the director of his factory. We> > > > wanted my brother to get the job as the manager in the> > > > department of maintenance. But my brother rejected the> > > > offer. He insisted on starting to work as a reparation> > > > worker.> > > > One day, my brother was on the top of a ladder> > > > repairing a cable, when he got electrocuted, and was> > > > sent to the hospital.> > > >> > > > My husband and I visited him. Looked at the white> > > > gypsum on his leg, I grumbled,"Why did you reject to> > > > be a manager? Manager will not do something dangerous> > > > like this. Look at you now, such a serious injury. Why> > > > you didn't want to listen to us?"> > > >> > > > With a serious expression on his face, he defended on> > > > his decision, "Think of brother-in-law?he just became> > > > the director, and I almost uneducated. If I became the> > > > manager, what kind of rumors will fly around?"> > > >> > > > My husband's eyes filled up with tears, and then I> > > > said, "But you lack in education also because of me!"> > > >> > > > "Why talking about the past?" My brother held my hand.> > > >> > > > That year, he was 26 years old and I was 29 years old.> > > >> > > > My brother was 30 years old when he married a farmer> > > > girl from the village.> > > > In his wedding reception, the master of ceremonies> > > > asked him, "Who is the one you respect and love the> > > > most?"> > > >> > > > Without thinking, he answered," My sister." He> > > > continued by telling a story I could not even> > > > remember.> > > >> > > > "When I was in primary school, the school was in> > > > different village.Everyday, my sister and I walked for> > > > 2 hours to go school and go home. One day, I lost one> > > > of my pair of gloves. My sister gave me one of hers.> > > > She only wore one glove and walked for so far. When we> > > > got home, her hand was so trembled because of the> > > > weather that was so cold that she could not even> > > > hold her chopsticks. From that day on, I swore that as> > > > long as I live, I would take care of my sister and be> > > > good to her."> > > >> > > > Applause filled up the room. All guests turned their> > > > attentions to me.> > > >> > > > Words were so hard to come out from my mouth, "In my> > > > whole life, the one I would like to thank the most is> > > > my brother,"> > > > And in this happy occasion,in front of the crowd,> > > > tears rolling down my face again.> > > >> > > > Love and care for the one you love every single days> > > > of your life. You may think what you did is just a> > > > small deed, but to that someone, it may mean a lot.> > > > Have a nice day everyone! May this story inspire you> > > > in any way!> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >


freshrimp put thoughts into writing at 16:39.
Comments? Whisper 'em! (2 whispered.)

Comments by them:-

Great work!
[url=http://ikbikctv.com/kdvx/pdhc.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zfpntukk.com/veyo/kila.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous Anonymous whispered at 25 September, 2006 15:00.  

Great work!
http://ikbikctv.com/kdvx/pdhc.html | http://ygnarxme.com/gzqv/gpvs.html

Anonymous Anonymous whispered at 25 September, 2006 15:00.  



<-- Return to main blog