<$BlogRSDURL$>

24 October 2004
Horray! Everything's Over! Paradise, Here I Come!!!
 

Saturday was a really good day for me. I mean like, this was a day where I rarely experienced so many happiness coming into my life. I really thank God for that. So let me start with 4.45 am! Yep, 4.45 am, you heard me right! So I woke up at around that time and was feeling really sleepy. The reason was that partly because I had to take my Maths 1 exam at 6.00 am, and also I wanted to study Maths and Computer for the Inforama. But I don't feel like waking up, and wanted to sleep again. In the end, I managed to study Maths but not Computer...

So, my Mom fetch me to school so early in the morning, it was like 5.50 am? Fortunately, Angelyn was there. then Miss Mary came 10 minutes later, which was very late (although it was still very early in the morning), and sat for our Maths 1 paper. And I thought I couldn't finish the paper because there was like half an hour left and I had another 2 more pages to go. Eventually, I DID finish, and we rushed off to Inforama.

We arrived at RTB at around eight o' clock. We were shown to our seats, but before we even got the chance to sit down and relax, we and our Chung Hwa opponents followed a lady down a winding hallway and finally arrived at...The Make-up Studio! Ugh~ Hate make-ups... I mean, I handsome enough already =P. So they put on foundation, hairspray BUT NO LIPSTICK! Haha, luckily, that was all it and we went back to our seats.

The event started off "successfully" at about 9.00 am, I think(1 hour delay!!!). It started off with, of course, speeches! After the speeches and Muslim prayer, then finally the show started off with the introduction of Quizmistress. While the Level 1 contestants, who were actually primary kids, got up to the stage and got themselves ready, the audience watch the big TV, profiling about what the contestants feel about the competition. After that, the quiz commences and the quizmistress were asking them SUPER-HARD questions meant for secondary students, and which even me also do not know the answer. I mean like, these primary kids aren't geniuses. Oh well, so after they had about to finished, we prepared ourselves mentally AND physically and went backstage. I wished my opponents good luck and after they went down, all of us go on stage, feeling nervous and having butterflies in our stomachs.

We all sat in our respective seats assigned, as we wait for the interview about us to finish on the big TV. And I was there! Can you all see me?! LOL =P. Seriously, they zeroed in to my face so much that my face looked so big! Haha... After that, we were formally introduced to the audience and also, among ourselves. Without further ado, the competition commences and it will decide who will be the reigning champion of Level 2 Inforama between St. Andrew's, Chung Hwa and Maktab Sains.

Round 1 is a round where each contestant from each school needs to answer questions thrice. If the answer is incorrect or unanswered, the question will be opened to the other teans. In that round, our school got a head start =D. 12 points for us, 8 points for Chung Hwa and 6 points for Maktab Sains. Ya-hoo!!! We could win, we could win!

Round 2 was a twist of fate. It was the buzzer round, which is a speed round. I am sure you guys should know what this round is all about. So the quizmistress asked us 15 questions. And before she even got the chance to read out the question, Andrew from Chung Hwa interrupted her and said the answer. OKAY, HOLD ON!!! I thought we has already clarified on Friday that the quizmistress is supposed to finished reading the question before anyone can buzz and say the correct answer. I feel this was a little bit unfair, so therefore I had no choice but to resort to "If you can't beat them, join them" and "Rules are made to be broken". Angelyn and I cannot just sit there and do nothing about it.

The worst thing is that, our buzzers didn't even want to buzz and instead, the electrical current sort of took a detour and instead rang other buzzers! It even happened during Wordplay! We kept pressing it, but it never gave us a chance! So, unfortunately, we scored a big fat 0!!! for that round. Guess what? Chung Hwa scored 20! Maktab Sains scored 4! Big difference! Angelyn and I was like, "Oh no! We're going to lose!" (Well, not exactly lose, but to get 3rd, since it was a GRAND-FINAL quiz =P)

Fortunately, we were placed 2nd, and there was no tie-breaking round with Maktab Sains. We were so happy, even though we didn't get 1st, because we got 2nd mostly due to so many good lucks. We beated Maktab Sains, by 2 marks!!!! Whoa!

So we left the stage and congratulated our opponents from Chung Hwa Andrew Koay and Winnie Sia. Hey, nice meeting you two! And also from Maktab Sains, can't remember your names though. After that, we joined the audience and watched the Level 3 quiz. I am not going to describe it in such detail, because there is really a lot to write. After that, there was a prize-giving ceremony and guess what Angelyn and I received? Hmm...not going to tell you =P. Just wait until Speech Day =P.

Later in the afternoon, I went to Jason Sim's house and played some games. Nothing much to say about the game, except that I had fun. Just wanted to enjoy myself after a very exciting and quite tiring morning.

And that is all what happened on Saturday, which I had described it quite detailed =P. By the way, I try to change the blog picture by Monday or Tuesday, so please keep up for updates. Sorry about the long delay, yea? Hehe... So take care people, and have a great after-exams holiday =D


freshrimp put thoughts into writing at 12:58.
Comments? Whisper 'em! (0 whispered.)

Comments by them:-

<-- Return to main blog