23 March 2006
Holidays about to end soon. The end is near! And I haven't do some of my homework yet. Bummer! So damn short man, and time passing so fast isn't helping either. Anyway, I have not came online recently because I was so engrossed into playing my games, i.e. The Movies, Crash Tag Team Racing and Sims 2. They're pretty cool games, I recommend them to everyone =P. If you want more information about these games you can go here
and look up for them.
I want to share with everyone this funny Fwd: mail from Wan Ying (thanks =P):28 + 4 ways to know if you're Chinese
1. You unwrap gifts very carefully, so you can save and reuse the wrapping (and especially those ribbons).
2. When there is a sale on toilet paper, you buy 100 rolls and store them in your closet or in the bedroom of an adult child who has move out.
3. You keep a Thermos of hot water available at all times.
4. You save grocery bags, tin foil, and tin containers. You use the grocery bags to hold garbage.
5. You hate to waste food
a ) Even if you're totally full, if someone says they're going to throw away the leftovers on the table, you'll finish them. (Your mom will give a lecture about starving kids in Africa)
b ) You have Tupperware in your fridge with three bites of rice or one leftover chicken wing.
6. You don't own any real Tupperware-only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, take out containers, and jam jars.
7. You have a collection of minature shampoo bottles that you take every time you stay in a hotel.
8. You wipe your plate and utensils or wash them in a small basin of hot water before you eat every time you go to a restaurant.
9. You own a rice cooker and a slow cooker.
10. You wash your rice at least 2-3 times before cooking it.
11. You fight (literally) over who pays the dinner bill.
12. You have a teacup with a cover on it.
13. If you're under age 20, you own a really expensive walkman if you're over 20, you own a really expensive camera.
14. You're a wok user.
15. You only make long distance calls after 7pm.
16. You prefer your shrimp with the heads and legs still attached-it means they're fresh.
17. You never call your parents just to say hi.
18. If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they'll ask if you've eaten, even if it's midnight.
19. Your parents tell you to boil herbs and stay inside when you get sick. They also tell you not to eat fried foods or baked goods because they're heaty (yeet hay in Cantonese).
20. You e-mail your Chinese friends at work, even though you only sit 10 feet apart.
21. You always cook too much.
22. You eat every last grain of rice in your bowl, but don't eat the last piece of food on the table.
23. You starve yourself before going to all you can eat buffet.
24. You know someone who can get you a good deal on jewelry or electronics, computers.
25. You own your own meat cleaver and sharpen it.
26. Your toothpaste tubes are all squeezed paper-thin.
27. You know why this list consists of only "28"reasons.
28. You take this message and forward it to all your Chinese friends.
There are four more indications that you need to add 8-)
*29 You wrap with napkins all the knives, spoons andforks of the airline that you fly on and put in your travelbag as souvenirs
*30 You never forget to take with you all the unused bath and facial tissues when you check out from the hotel because you beieve that you have paid its all.
*31 You will laugh at yourself when you read all of them
*32 And you will always proud because you're Chinese
Yea! Rock on! Wow! I can't believe most of them are true! Hahahaha, yet funny as well =).
Comments by them:-
<-- Return to main blog
freshrimp put thoughts into writing at 11:59.
Comments? Whisper 'em!