<$BlogRSDURL$>

08 January 2007
Dubai
 



I know you guys think I'm weird for blogging such a weird topic, but just now, I happened to stumble upon this site through forums. And I have one word to describe it:-

AMAZING!

Dubai is such a beautiful, so forward and so neo-modern city! In fact, the image of Dubai matches the image of my dream city! Tall skycrapers shooting up to touch the ceiling of the sky, superb public transportations (rail transport!!!), many buildings tightly compacted in a small area, beautiful city environment, the bustling of city life! Traffic, cacophonies of the city, pedestrians, gridlocked roads and the situation of getting oneself lost in such a big, big city.

OH MY GOSH! I sooo want to live there! Or at least make a visit to there. It's so exciting. I remember seeing the advertisement of the Asian Games in Doha on television while I was in Miri. My goodness, I was really taken aback by the sheer modernism of Dubai itself.

Note to self: must go before I die (!!!).

The link to this site is of course here. Prepare to be amazed by one of the world's most beautiful city in the world and marvel at the wondrous architecture. Most of the picture's there are artists' impression but will soon be a reality in the next couple of years. And that IS fast!

I nearly fell off my chair seeing those pictures. I really want to immerse myself into that city's busy life!

And to imagine that this city popped up and developed rapidly in a desert. This does indeed tells us something: Anything is possible.


freshrimp put thoughts into writing at 20:21.
Comments? Whisper 'em! (6 whispered.)

Comments by them:-

I think Dubai really reminds you of one thing, Sims/Sims City. Lol. Which brings us to the fact on why you love it so much. Haha. But yea it does indeed look majestic in its own special way. Too bad Brunei's just..well, less-advanced. Oh well.

Blogger Steven whispered at 08 January, 2007 23:23.  

EXACTLY! You know me too well! Actually, it's more of the latter. The picture I posted in my blog post reminds me of...Simcity 4 (which I sold it to someone else already).

Dubai sets a good example to all world cities, especially Brunei *hint* *hint* . Our country should learn a thing or two from Dubai's development. After all, the country's oil cannot last long! Time for diversification!!!

Blogger freshrimp whispered at 08 January, 2007 23:41.  

sashimi, resize your picture lah. oyea apa blogger version you using? the new one or old one? just wondering nia. :D

Anonymous Anonymous whispered at 09 January, 2007 16:06.  

Aiya, I really lazy lah. I do it later if I'm in the mood too. :P

I'm still using the old version. I don't know how to use the new one.

Blogger freshrimp whispered at 09 January, 2007 16:17.  

didnt know you are lazy too. :P haha. okie okie. but i thought blogger will be changing everything to the new one soon?

Anonymous Anonymous whispered at 10 January, 2007 20:10.  

(dtrtrtutrtrtbtrtrtratrtrtri ##S##U##X##)

Anonymous Anonymous whispered at 12 January, 2007 15:36.  



<-- Return to main blog