<$BlogRSDURL$>

24 February 2007
23rd Brunei National Day
 

I saw it on TV! Hahahaha, I remember seeing Kael, Isaac and Julius, I think, during the march past... Yeah...

This year's National Day is, in my opinion, pretty much similar to last year's and I was expecting more grandeur (since it's the 23rd National Day and it falls on 23 February - too bad it was celebrated a day later). I believe the performance just now has sufficed; the Sultan applauded and smiled after the end of every segment. :) Well done, guys! :D

The performances are quite colourful with the standard props of fans and pompoms. Watching them performing gives me a tinge of nostalgia as I remembered how I used to be in that last year together with my fellow schoolmates. This year, they also used another prop of which name I do not know. It's something like long pieces of black, white and yellow cloth. Pretty intriguing...

I was wondering what on earth was that piece of white platform standing in the middle of the field and the performers made full use of it - people were even singing on it while a group of students danced to the music.

Now for the "bad". I couldn't make out what patterns were they trying to conceived. All I saw were waves of colours ebbing to the beat of the music and that's it. I think the patterns were supposed to be abstract but then again, I don't think so. Not with the camera which remained stationery in one corner of the field and the bird's eye view camera only activating after each segment has ended...

=\

At the end of the performance, a balloon popped out from a depression in the white platform and it was not as big as I imagined it would be, LOL! :P

Oh yeah, I spotted a few goof-ups by the performers. The most significant one was that someone actually forgot to bring his own props! :O Hahahaha, and he gave a goofy smile to the camera when he realised he was caught red-handed on national TV!

It's a pretty nice performance, but I hope next year's celebration will be more lively and exciting and of course, even better. :)


freshrimp put thoughts into writing at 10:07.
Comments? Whisper 'em! (2 whispered.)

Comments by them:-

National Day. *That* day of the year again. And I spent the day on the PC. lol. Didn't bother watching on TV. Wanted to, but nah. Oh well. Since its mostly same as last year's so i guess i didn't miss much.

Blogger Steven whispered at 24 February, 2007 13:35.  

No, you didn't miss much at all...

Blogger freshrimp whispered at 26 February, 2007 20:39.  



<-- Return to main blog